Being Talked About

I've been reading some on the history of the Jesuits, as I sometimes do, and I am always amazed at how much they have done to portray themselves as persecuted. What is even more interesting is how few people seem to see that all the whining about their disestablishments, ostracisms, and even martyrdoms is deliberately designed to direct even more attention to their plight for the purpose of keeping their work relevant.

And relevant it is, for it is the very work of Cain's administration.

While so few see it for what it is, even more rail against it. If on the other hand they express enthusiasm for the Catholic cause, they'll still excoriate some disfavored government official for some awful thing they're doing. But it is no different. Cain's officers will do Cain's work, whether in their ecclessiastical capacities or their political ones.

I saw Frost/Nixon tonight, and it was a very good movie, I enjoyed it. What struck me about this film was how much so many people longed for Nixon to admit he did it, he did Watergate. My question is,

Why?

Do you not know of his plainly complicit role in the whole affair? Is it not as clear as the day is long? Are you not content with comprehending the truth of it all and that others have confirmed that truth?

The issue is really the perverse gratification World inhabitants have by contriving emotional responses from the perceived misconduct of World operatives, and this only highlights the nature of their codependent relationships with those individuals. Of course much of that revolves around fear, the simple base fear that a World operative can indeed get away with quite harrowing nastiness. It's reasonable.

This was the fear that jolted so many through history about the Jesuits--they too were and still are extraordinarily adept at doing their jobs. That should indeed terrify anyone without the protective covering of Christ over them. A rather justified fear, indeed.

It could be said that my site and blog's exposition of the Jesuits may itself be just as reflective of that fear, and I guess to the extent that I like to see people not taken by their lethal ruses I too can feel it a bit. I must add, however, that I believe the Christ-like response to the Jesuits and what they do is neither rabid censure nor mindless endorsement, much less any kind of physical remonstration.

It is to see what they do in the light of Truth, and understand.

With apologies to Oscar Wilde, the Jesuits like to be talked about, even they aren't being talked about--I'd even say especially then. And when people are talking about political figures like Richard Nixon with extremes of either fierce disdain or patronizing sympathy then The Company is at its best.

What will you do with that understanding?

This month I wrote a bit about one of America's lesser known founding fathers, yes, a Jesuit, and that is at my webzine. Another Whom you may make as your lord is written about a bit here in case you are interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonderful Matter of Authentic Understanding

The Rationale of an Excommunication

Suffering the Stupid Person