The LIBOR Extraction and Many Other Sacrificial Procedures

I wish I had the time and energy to blog much much much more often. As I'd noted before, it is very difficult to get something of meaning down here as frequently as I'd like, and it is really only because I spend so much time ministering to my family, my students, and my neighbors.

It partially titled this post "The LIBOR Extraction" because last month I so longed to address the revelation that the LIBOR rate, which is merely a widely referenced interest rate, was manipulated by Higher-Ups in some manner for the expressed purpose of forming questionable impressions about value. Many people benefitted, many others took a hit.

I wanted to regale my readers with the whys and wherefores about it, but it really came down to this: It was yet another typical way powerful people living by, for, and within the agency of Cain carry out their proper human sacrifice practices against those who properly let them. Yes, people die slow and painful deaths through it all, but the death is so slow and the pain is so numbing that no one says anything.

I wanted to add all kinds of remarks I read from the top pundits out there, finance gurus who say this and that and this other thing and then inevitably conclude with, "Ick, no one really knows what to do, and we're in bad shape, and look out for tomorrow." But I've done that so many times before, and I've offered The Answer just as often, but sometimes I just get discouraged.

All I see is people responding only one of two ways, that's it. They either slink deeper into their mindless submissionist sentiments, in which they just shrug about it all and keep ponying up. Did you hear how resounding the silence was about the LIBOR scandal? I can't help but think of the words by Ben Bradlee, played by Jason Robards in the film All the President's Men, when he mentioned how few knew anything about Watergate: "Nobody gives a shit." The disdainful resignation with which he said it was classic.

On the other hand, you've got your rabid rejectionists, if you will, who go bananas thinking they can do anything about the conflagration of sin that rages through each human heart including that of the ordained regulators of that sin: the government, the church, the banks -- all these receive the greatest measure of vitriol by those who shake their fists and hawk their own brands of what'll make society just right. Yeeah. That'll do it.

No one is ever seen sharing the third option.

The Kingdom.

And -- I mean the real Kingdom. Not the fake one seen all over most churches that do all the splendid things a God club can do but just can't really fully actually get Christ there before people and into their hearts. The reason is simple. By signing contracts with Caesar to get all kinds of nifty things from Caesar, they've wholly muted the gospel message.

I've written tons and tons about this at my webzine -- I only write here in my blog whenever I can to try to share yet another thing that's happening that may get some reader to perchance upon truthful things to actually want to do truthful things -- and gracious ones too.

The first of those is answering the question I've posed in my latest project, the video that pretty much makes up my home page piece this month.

Just blogging here to introduce it to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonderful Matter of Authentic Understanding

The Rationale of an Excommunication

Suffering the Stupid Person