A Whole World of Useful Victims

Bari Weiss has gotten a bit of wide airplay for her courage in calling out the stuff the System vomits into the mainstream psyche. She once was a big-shot writer or editor of some sort at the New York Times and her sensitive conscience simply could not be tamed.

She's shared much over the past year or so, but the one thing I wanted to bring to this blog post was her Substack publication of a letter by a parent pulling his daughter from a prestigious school in New York. That letter is here, I urge you to read it.

I am, however, discovering more and more about how Rome's designs are making their way deeper and deeper into the discursive activity around us. Well, really, it has always been there, I believe I'm just recognizing it more, yet getting more discouraged. Please no worries, I know my Lord has got this. 

But it is still sorrowful in that so many don't get that. I still feel it.

I'd like to note something really simple, for instance. He points out that critical theory divides everyone into either a victim or an oppressor. It is definitely true that this is phenomenally deceitful and destructive, much of why critical theory is so demonic. 

But in some sense, from a Kingdom perspective, there are victims and oppressors. While this thing they rabidly embrace "systemic racism" is nothing, institutional evildoing is something. Victims are indeed the people who buy into all this stuff or anything else that keeps them under Caesar's authoritative power. Oppressors are indeed those working it as administrators of the System doing their legitimate work. It doesn't have anything to do with race, though keeping people convinced it does is part of the victim control apparatus. Certainly some institutional evildoers do use their racism to carry out injustices. It is what bilges out of that which should be of great concern.

What is so sad is that so many believe there is no way out of this prison. They may think they can engage in some kind of civic involvement or reform movement or something to change things up. I'm sure many get some good-feels moving the deck chairs around on a slowly sinking ship. Yeah, I know, that analogy has been wildly overused, but I can add that Caesar keeps repairing the ship just enough, often enough to keep everyone busy moving around deck chairs.

I could write more but I barely have time to write here. If you peruse my previous work you'll see that the main main main thrust of all of this is that perhaps at least a few people will see how important it is to grasp the contrast between the World and the Kingdom. And it isn't me at all, please. It's all right here. I'm nothing. This is everything.

The point is it is only from the Kingdom can anyone be truly free.

How gruesome it is that far too many believe anyone may find any freedom from some still-to-be-discovered corner of the World.

___

The image is of the Marquette University campus from their website. While it is employed here just to provide a stock image of a college campus, as a fully Jesuit institution Marquette is indeed part of the World System formation network.

___

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonderful Matter of Authentic Understanding

The Rationale of an Excommunication

Suffering the Stupid Person