"I No Longer Can Believe Almost Anything I Am Told"

U.S. Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher said this after listening to testimony about progress in Iraq. It was so notable to the Los Angeles Times that it was used as a pull quote in today's print edition.

"I no longer can believe almost anything I'm told."

I looked at this and first thought, wow, she's got it. She understands that anything government says cannot be trusted, for government is by function an operation that must use deception to do its job of prosecution. Maybe she'll decide she doesn't want to be a part of that body of death any more and will seek to enter the Kingdom.

Nah.

I read the quote a second time and it is quite symptomatic of the way World operatives themselves operate. This is beside the point that if the statement "There is falsehood here" is uttered by such an operative-- and Tauscher is such an individual-- then that itself cannot be trusted.

What she says reveals something quite profound, for it is in the context of exactly how much security there actually is in Iraq. Some officials say one thing, others say another-- apparently they're all now waiting with bated breath for top general David Petraeus' report. I imagine they think that'll clear everything up.

Problem is that people generally don't think through all of this. They just plain don't take the time to think. Now think: If the law and security and prosecution actually did the full job it was supposed to, did the full job in truth, they do you know what would happen?

Okay, the challenge here is to think. Are you willing to think?...

The answer is simple:

We'd all be summarily convicted, sentenced, and executed.

"How intolerant! How oppressive! How totalitarian!"

Okay okay, continue to not think. That's your choice. But if you choose the denial option, then guess what? You're left with (here it is again for those of you who missed it...)

"I no longer can believe almost anything I am told."

That's what you'll say. That's what blither as you you'll bumble around, banging into the World's death wherever you go.

The "almost anything" part of her quote is most revealing, actually. For it demonstrates that she still reserves the privilege of believing what she wants to believe so she'll feel better about things.

What are the things she will believe?

I guarantee you those things are the ones her Jesus will convince her are the things to believe, no matter how insane they are. One such insane thing is that the law will actually save her. Her Jesus will tell her that she's okay as long as she upholds the law. Sustains the law. Painstakingly augments the law with turgid complexities culled from long tedious hearings. Decorates law with pretty flowers and colorful ribbons.

Um, no. The law is only good to the extent that it blasts us with our sin. If you see that, you'll see what death is, and you'll want to get out. So really, what Tauscher is doing is precisely what she should be doing.

She may indeed be quite effective at prosecuting you.

Thing is, if you thought, you'd see how horrific that truth really is. You may then, if you look-- just right over there-- you may even see Jesus way at the far opposite place from where World is, waiting for you to get out of all that.

In my last post I openly confessed that I do wonder if what I'm saying is anything new. I said it with a bit of despair because I do want to be in the game, serving my Lord. I've realized that, really, I am saying nothing new. And that's okay.

The thing that is despairing is that when you say "Hey, you don't have to be so maliciously deceived! Look here! The Truth!" so many shrug it off and take off to further death. I can see why-- there are so many Jesuses out there. That makes me sad.

But it is indeed something that is not being said enough, even though it has been said for millennia. Maybe there will be just a few more who will refuse denial and see truthfully, and then in its best sense, maybe the one thing that the World inhabitant would believe apart from all that which can no longer be believed would be Him, the very thing that is worthy of belief.

Anyway, for a bit more, I've written about this at my website if you are interested. It's here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonderful Matter of Authentic Understanding

The Rationale of an Excommunication

Suffering the Stupid Person