Following Someone, Who It Is Says a Lot

Today in the news I happened to catch a couple of stories that highlight the pathetic nature of following someone other than Christ. Hundreds of millions do, you know. No matter how pathetically pathetic, they still do.

There is the lead story everywhere about this French guy, the head of the International Monetary Fund no less -- oh, I hadn't heard of him before this -- Dominque Strauss-Kahn, who was caught with his pants down. Everyone was so startled that the euro dropped a bit. I thought, hmm, this guy must be a pretty major leader-guy -- you know, lots of people following him and his moral guidance -- for the entire currency to take a hit, however mild it will ultimately be.

I also wondered, why all the shouting about his sexual exploits? People in power do this kind of thing all the time. Was he just that stupid to let himself get snagged in such a foolish way? Sorry, but this is just too stupid. Please don't misunderstand me. Any sexual assault is demonically reprehensible. But the simple plain real world fact is that powerful people do sexual assault all the time, and they get away with it all the time. How come this guy is different? I haven't looked deeply into it, but anyone who knows how the World operates can't presume this incident was about anything other than taking down someone who was in the way somehow.

Then there was this nifty little bit. Lady Gaga was the first to get ten million Twitter followers. It is perfectly understandable that a grandiose performance artist like her would get such attention. Say what you want about her "art," she is popular for it. Understandable.

But ten million people are following the vapid exhibitionism of an insipid celebrity, and I can't count on one hand the number of people I see really truly incisively sharing and expressing and elucidating the contrast between the World and the Kingdom.

Oh yeah, some come close. And yeah, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I have looked around a bit, but I see no clues that lead me somewhere deeper or farther along to get to who is actually speaking of the Kingdom in ways that are moving people to get out of the Catholicist Nation and into Christ's embrace.

In my last post I mentioned that I'd like to write and write and write, and perhaps someone will also see the things I'm seeing and be a part of the expression. But I thought after I'd written that, hey, I'm great with just finding and reading someone else share it just as expressively.

And I wonder now, in light of the very profound truth that you are who you follow, what the lives of those ten million Lady Gaga followers are like. Do they have the deepest, inner contentment? Yes I know everyone has problems and everyone has issues and everyone feels pain. But ten million people think they'll have life from Lady Gaga? In any form?

At least her performances are honest, we all know they're a put-on. How many know the Strauss-Kahn episode is one as well?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonderful Matter of Authentic Understanding

The Rationale of an Excommunication

Suffering the Stupid Person